What is the Quarterly Fintech Spotlight?
As the number of fintech vendors across the financial services space continues to expand year over year, the market struggles to keep up with interesting, emerging, and impactful fintech vendors. The Capital Markets Fintech Spotlight is a quarterly series of reports looking at select emerging fintech vendors active in the capital markets space. With the vendor landscape increasingly crowded and both sell-side and buy-side clients facing a growing array of choices, the spotlight series aims to provide insight on interesting vendors that offer a strong unique selling point and innovative approach from a partnership or competitor perspective.
Featured fintech vendors are selected by analysts based on their level of innovation and interesting approaches to wider business challenges facing the capital markets.
Categories for Consideration:
- Data and analytics
- Investment management
- Risk management
- Regulatory technology
- Data management
- Client management
Requirements for Participation:
Fintech vendors must agree to be featured: All vendors must be willing to offer a briefing to Aite Group analysts as required. Featured vendors will have the right to review their profile and check for accuracy.
- Revenue of less than US$100 million: The Fintech Spotlight is focused on smaller-scale emergent and/or disruptive fintech vendors. The goal is not to provide a platform for legacy vendor giants.
- Must have existing clients: Vendor solutions featured in the spotlight must be live in the field directly with at least one client. Where possible, vendors should provide client references that are willing to speak with Aite Group.
- Focus on financial services: Vendor solutions must be aimed directly at the capital markets and technology areas that are primary to sell-side and buy-side clients. Organizations active in multiple verticals must have a dedicated product or service arm of activity in the financial services space.
- Featured vendors must have a clear USP: Featured vendors will need to be able to demonstrate a clear unique selling point that makes them disruptive and/or stand out from competing products in the field. These USPs should meet a clear business need from sell-side or buy-side clients.
- No limit on age of fintech vendor: Older, established fintech vendors will be considered for inclusion if they can demonstrate an interesting approach and clear USP as above.
- Analysts have final say on inclusion: The Quarterly Fintech Spotlight is not pay for play— analysts will choose vendors to include based on their knowledge of particular product, technology, and service categories, and choose vendors that they feel demonstrate an interesting, unique, high-impact, or otherwise disruptive offering that Aite Group clients should be aware of.
1. Open for submission: 1st month of each quarter (January, April, July, October)
2. Analyst review and vendor briefings: 2nd month of each quarter (February, May, August, November)
3. Final selection of vendors: 2nd month of each quarter (February, May, August, November)
4. Report production: 3rd month of each quarter (March, June, September, December)
In cases when Aite Group receives a large number of interesting submissions, some fintech vendors may be profiled in a report published in a future quarter and not necessarily the quarter of their submission.